Miriam R. Alvarez – brand strategist
Investing on your brand is investing in yourself.
You can succeed and grow when you gain clarity about who you are, what you do, and why.
I created Found Brands for all those self-improving, positive-minded dreamers and doers possessed by an entrepreneurial spirit.
Seeing the eyes of my clients light up when the ideas, graphics, and concepts I present to them start making sense, gives me great satisfaction. They see their dream becoming visible and real, and feel they can succeed.
I believe every brand is the reflection of a dream that became tangible, and as a brand strategist, I translate the ideas into the minds and hearts of entrepreneurs so that the world can understand them.
After all, the most important asset of a brand is how it’s seen and heard by potential clients.
Miriam practically led us by the hand. We now have the support and feel confident to clarify doubts and improve our brand.
– Cecilia, Lawyer
Specialized in entrepreneurs
In 2014, I founded the creative agency Porta Creative. Together with my talented team, we have created over 100 brands for multiple industries in the U.S. and Mexico.
After years of experience working with entrepreneurs, I created Found Brands specifically for them. I’m 100% focused on branding and brand strategy for entrepreneurs, start-ups, and small businesses. This way, I can make sure my services are specialized, and my expertise grows, so I can provide outstanding service.
- When I was 6, I wanted to be an artist.
- At 12, I decided that graphic design was the way to go.
- At 15, I started my experience with brands by working in marketing and public relations agencies in Los Angeles, CA.
- In 2010, I graduated with a degree in graphic design.
- In 2011, I started my career as a freelancer.
- In 2014, I founded the creative agency Porta Creative, where we have created over 100 brands for multiple industries in the U.S. and Mexico and worked with more than 400 brands over the years.
- In 2021, I started a new journey with Found Brands, which is 100% focused on branding and brand strategy for entrepreneurs, start-ups, and small businesses.
- I have also participated as a mentor in university programs for undergraduate graphic design students.
My journey from graphic design to branding.
When I started my career as a graphic designer, I would design a super cool logo for my clients; and that was it. That’s what branding was for me. Then I realized that a logo is only the tip of the iceberg.
As I worked with more and more clients, I understood they needed much more than just a visual identity. They needed to clarify the purpose of their business, and they needed me to understand their vision, so everything I would create would align with their goals.
I faced that iceberg and went deeper into brand strategy and branding – I researched, read books, took courses, practiced a lot, and tested different processes.
It was an exciting and energizing experience because I realized that I could make a difference in people’s lives thanks to branding and brand strategy. In addition, I could help them create a strong business by establishing a solid foundation that would be reflected visually in their brand.
Brands exist because people exist.
After working with many entrepreneurs and creating over a hundred brands from scratch, I realized that brands exist because people exist.
And if brands are the result of people, people are the answer to creating meaningful brands. Your dreams, your strengths, your personality, your expertise, your insights, your knowledge, and your mistakes can all be building blocks that help create a meaningful and authentic brand.